Though business allows you an opportunity to earn money, there must be risk factors including lots of hassles. It is a ray of hope that at present, business comes to run very easily under the supervision of software. In that particular case, to be a successful business person, you can choose anyone out of the three most popular tools named CRM, CMS, and ERP. But it is very difficult for you to choose the best one out of three without having complete knowledge. Before you select the perfect one, you should go through the details of the software mentioned below. Even you need to give focus on CMS vs CRM vs ERP as well as separate information.
Quick overview of CMS vs CRM vs ERP
|The full form of CMS is Content Management System||The full form of CRM is Customer Relationship Management||The full form of ERP comes with Enterprise Resource Planning|
|CMS is used to manage frontend content of website like add or edit page, add form or media.||CRM is used to manage front office task like customer & sales record.||ERP is used to manage backoffice task like operational and accounting data.|
|CMS is good for publishing content on website.||CRM is good for selling, marketing & even sales team.||ERP is good for marketing, sales, finance & accounting.|
|CMS is divided into five categories including Enterprise-based CMS, Web-based CMS, Open Source CMS, Property CMS, SaaS CMS||CRM is divided into three categories including Open Source CRM, On-Premise, Cloud-based CRM.||ERP is divided into five categories including Industry-Specific ERP Software, Generic ERP Software, On-Premise ERP software, Cloud-based ERP Software, Hybrid ERP software.|
|CMS is focusing on managing website content and media.||The main aim of CRM is to manage customer & client relationships||ERP focus on managing distribution and manufacturing business function.|
|WordPress, Drupal & Joomla is example of CMS.||Apple CRM, Coca-Cola CRM, Amazon CRM is example of CRM System.||Netsuite, Epicor and Acumatica is example of ERP|
What is CRM?
CRM comes with the full name of Customer Relationship Management. It runs for a business interacting with potential customers and manages a customizable dashboard for easy communication. It helps users without a logging system in need of grabbing customers. This tool can keep data for 30 years through a spreadsheet. The companies will be benefited to keep customers’ and others’ records with this particular tool. Through this particular tool, you can understand the potentiality of markets, selling opportunities, and the efficiency of the sales team. The kinds of CRM will also tell you a clear picture of CRM vs CMS vs ERP.
Benefits of CRM
When a company gets in touch with a CRM database, it will start to have a lot of benefits that bring the growth of the business. Even the benefit of CRM will give you complete knowledge of CMS vs CRM vs ERP. The benefits are mentioned below.
- Lead Management – If a company comes under the CRM system, it will have the power to take the decision either the CRM solution is right or wrong. The managing department of the company will have the power to generate lots of leads. Even CRM allows companies to put reminders spontaneously for failure. That means, the improvement for business comes easily and quickly.
- Complexity in Sales – The CRM is definitely helpful for the business for long or complex sales. It will help the company for turning into a 360-degree view from the end of customer’s side.
- Automation in Marketing – CRM Database even plays an important role in automation for marketing. The business organizers will have opportunity for sending newsletters to the companies or customers for implementation.
CRM has been divided into several types and each type will give you benefit in need of your organization. Even each type will make your understanding regarding CRM vs CMS vs ERP.
Types of CRM
- Open Source CRM – Open source CRM database provides services to build and customize the solution. This type of CRM gives a complete control over the customer data. It is very inexpensive and it comes with a variety of options. it is common thing that this one is completely a free CRM solution. Open source requires installation, customization, management, including security management.
- On-Premise – On-Premise is another type of CRM. Its very effective for business evaluation. this type of CRM needs the company’s server, hardware, and staff for the right operation and even software management. It is feature-based and expensive.
- Cloud-based CRM – Cloud-based CRM is the best one for companies. It provides quick and easy CRM setting up. It runs under supervision of the SaaS model. Under this system, the company should have a big amount of expenses. For another benefit, user can easily add or remove the functionality & features for the growth of company.
Drawback of CRM
- Record Loss – Some CRM runs with a remote internet connection to restore customer data. The downside of CRM makes the organization unable to control customers’ details and even an outage on the CRM system. Suppose if the organization selects a small CRM program, it may imply dollars in form of lost income for the business.
- Overhead – When a business chooses a local CRM, there will be overhead costs linked to it. If the application is proprietary, the company has to pay for professionals through system administrators, maintenance professionals, and software developers to ensure efficient work procedure of the software keeping backups for data.
- Eliminate Human Element – Though CRM brings automation for organizations, there must be a loss of human element creating an excellent relationship with customers. It is the same design with an automated menu system for a phone as the voice of an actual person. If the company loses its human touch, the clients will likely drift away. That means the reduction in revenue comes in the business surely.
- Securities – Although CRM application runs with secure data and are a threat for any company running the CRM solution. To avoid this, you must process encryption safeguards as well as supervision and a backup system. As a result, you can maintain the integrity of data in the CRM system.
- Technical Support – Under the CRM system, the organization needs to have two options and they come with outsourcing and hiring specialists. . With two options, the company will have a good provision for technical support. But most of the time, the company suffers a lot.
The knowledge of ERP will also help you to understand the position of CRM vs CMS vs ERP.
What is ERP?
ERP comes with a full name of Enterprise Resource Planning software. It integrates the main functions of an organization through a unique system. The software will cover the complete business area with data management. It is designed with the software components, called modules & essential business functions such as finance & accounting, CRM, and others. The software will manage the business taking care of sales, marketing, and customer service. Even ERP provides a good system in manufacturing processes and its automation.
Benefit of ERP
The reports show that over 65000 small as well as mid-sized businesses around the globe run positively with ERP. The software has been giving multiple benefits in need of business’s better performance. Even the benefit of ERP will give a perfect knowledge about CRM vs CMS vs ERP.
- Complete visibility – ERP provides a high range of visibility to the business. Through this software, you will do multiple systems, and even you no need to have any other software. With the connection through data, the business will run well at any time. Even you do not have to rely on outdated data.
- Efficient Boost – The software will have an extreme level of complexity with a significant role. It will provide you with a significant role in reducing complexity. The tool serves manual data transfer with the reports.
- System flexibility – Undoubtedly, ERP business comes with flexibility and it is designed with custom configuration in need of business-specific needs. The software brings benefits for any kind of business providing the best integration.
- Scalability – If your business runs under the supervision of ERP, it will have superb scalability. It will allow 5 to 500 users at a time. The software is good for mid-sized businesses keeping high volumes of business.
According to your business, you should use an exact type of ERP software and different types of ERP will make it comfortable to understand CMS vs CRM vs ERP.
Types of ERP
- Industry-Specific ERP Software –At the initial stage, ERP software comes with a single function but later it is designed with multiple applications. This ERP today is built with functionalities in need of some specific industries such as healthcare, manufacturing, retail, distribution, sales, marketing, and logistics. It is also called modular ERP or Vertical ERP.
- Generic ERP Software – Generic ERP tool brings together a lot of functions of the business into a system. It can be customized according to the requirements of the organization. The software goes for accounting, marketing automation, warehouse management, sales management, and others. Generic ERP solution is popular with ERP suites.
- On-Premise ERP software – This kind of software comes to be installed manually and it requires procedures such as installation and huge investment for the organization.
- Cloud-based ERP Software – Cloud-based software comes with another name called SaaS. It gives you services at a low rate but based on a subscription. Small, medium, or large size enterprises will have the comfort to use cloud-based ERP solutions.
- Hybrid ERP software – The hybrid ERP solution is a combined form of on-premise and cloud-based ERP system. When a company comes to use this system, it will have tight security with a complete set of functions.
The drawback of ERP
The drawback of ERP will allow you to know the negative side of ERP and the negative sides will bring a clear picture of CMS vs CRM vs ERP. The details of its drawback are mentioned below.
- Extreme cost ownership – The ERP application requires a high license and maintenance charge. It is also a burden for small companies.
- Another type of cost – Apart from all costs, the organization knows the ERP for additional return as the company comes to pay for every user.
- Difficult for use – Because of lots of user data, the users are not comfortable with the ERP screen and even the ERP operation comes with a single button.
- User Training – In most of the time, users will have problems as they need training for ERP learning. For that, they need to consume a lot of time.
To have an actual view of CMS vs CRM vs ERP, you should have a complete concept of CMS.
What is CMS?
CMS, a content management system, comes as an application that manages content allowing multiple contributors. Content in a CMS comes through a database. CMS comes with a consecration that allows users to create content with the proper format. It has content storage with a good workflow that assigns permissions for managing designed with roles. The benefits of CMS are furnished below.
Benefit of CMS
The major advantage of CMS comes from a collaborative nature. With the CMS, multiple users can log, contribute and manage content in need of publishing. The thing is that the interface is based on the browser. A CMS can be used from anywhere with several users. Even it is very easy to use by any kind of user, especially those who do not have any programming knowledge. The typical content management allows the users to enter the text and upload images without any knowledge of HTML or CSS. During content publishing in web pages, CMS reduces its reliance on front-end developers to make changes to the website very easily.
Types of CMS
The clear knowledge of CMS vs CRM vs ERP comes in you completely having the details of CMS types. Look below for the CMS types.
- Enterprise-based CMS – Enterprise-based CMS will allow the organizations in creating, managing, and distributing various content. These types include documents, product information, and surveys.
- Web-based CMS – You can use this type of CMS in need of creating and maintaining digital information. In that case, you no need to know the coding language. It is very user-friendly and customizable.
- Open Source CMS – You can get it at zero cost and even you no need to require any license.
- Property CMS – If you have a single organization, you can use property CMS. In that case, the users need to purchase a license, invest additional costs for updates and spend time for technical training.
- SaaS CMS – This type of CMS offers web hosting, the software of web content management, and technical support. It is a cloud-hosted virtual solution.
Drawback of CMS
It is true to say that CMS has multiple benefits but at the same time, CMS runs with a lot of drawbacks. It includes a hidden cost that covers implementation, training, support, and customization. For security reasons, you need to go for regular upgrades and patches. It is very expensive in needs of customization.
As a business organizer, always you need to give focus on business growth through quick & easy handle. All three software, CMS, CRM, and ERP are more or less effective depending on the business attitude. Go through CMS vs CRM vs ERP mentioned above and take the right one according to your suitability.